Friday, April 18, 2008

Sitting with Nature



I was inspired by Shakespeare’s quote, “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin,” to create this layout of my daughter sitting with nature.

I was amazed at her immediate connection to nature. All she wanted to do was sit on this rock, and in her words, “listen to the peace and quiet”. She was so still and quiet. She did not want to leave. She was “being” present with the moment. It was wonderful to watch her and see how intuitively she picked up on nature’s presence.

I created this layout with the intention for her to always remain aware of her connection to nature’s presence and to always take the time to seek out moments such as this.

On the walk back to the car we picked up some foliage from the forest floor. I included some of the “findings” as embellishments on the layout. I wanted to anchor the connection that she experienced on a mental level with some tangible physical items from that particular spot and moment.

No comments: